Sunday, May 6, 2012

Game Day Nutrition with Gary Roberts - Fitness Institute

With playoffs underway and many OT games having been played already, recovery for players becomes all the more crucial to prolonged success.

I?m often asked:

  • ?What should I be eating the day of a game to have the most energy possible??
  • ?What should I be eating post activity to make sure I?m recovered for the next time I play??.

First of all let me start off by saying that if you?re thinking or asking these kind of questions you?re already on track.? Awareness, knowledge, and preparation are all you need to start making a huge difference in not only sport but life.? The benefits of nutrition are widely known but from my experience: I maximized my gains from training, had more energy, healed faster and thought more clearly because of what I put into my body.

The above being said, I wanted to use my first blog post as an opportunity to share examples of my ideal game day meals and snacks in hopes that it inspires readers to think about what they eat and how it affects their performance!

Enjoy!

Game Day Breakfast

?

?

Game day breakfast:
Three soft boiled eggs with a pinch of sea salt and two pieces of
whole grain toast with organic butter, small Greek yogurt & fruit mix with flax seeds.

?

?

?

?

?

?

Pre-Game Meal

?

?

?

Pre-Game Meal:
Grilled skinless chicken breast with brown rice, broccoli and a salad dressed with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
?

?

?

?

?

?

Pre-Game Snack

?

?

Pre-Game Snack:
Oatmeal with ground flax seeds, walnuts, banana, unsweetened shredded coconut and a drizzle of pure maple syrup!
Try this 1.5 hours before a game or practice and let me know how you feel!

?

?

?

?

?

Post-Game Recovery Shake

?

?

?

Post-Game Recovery Shake:
Six ounces coconut water, six ounces water, 2 scoops BioSteel Recovery Formula [or other good quality protein (protein and carbs with no added junk)] and one banana.

Have this within 45 minutes of work to give your body the fuel it needs to recover!
?

?

?

?

?

?

Post-Game Meal

?

?

?

Post-Game meal:
Grilled skinless chicken breast, sweet potato and asparagus
A good blend of lean protein, complex/nutrient dense carbohydrates and veggies. The foods your body needs to repair itself!

?

?

?

?

?

I?m hoping this provides a guideline for people and I want encourage you to try these recipes, see how they make you feel and adjust as each individual is different.? I?m looking forward to hearing your comments and answering any questions you may have below!

?

?

?

?

?

Gary

android tablet arthur christmas asus transformer nebraska football nebraska football online deals leap pad

No comments:

Post a Comment